Sunday, February 26, 2006

i need a pick me up

Most people groan and moan once holidays or weekends draw to a close but this time I'm going to have to admit that I'm breathing a huge sigh of relief. Its been a loooooooooooooong, hard week and this weekend hasn't exactly been a respite.

Saturday started out pretty well actually. Managed to drag myself up at 0545 to meet the TA guys at 0630 for our regular Sat morning ride and actually felt pretty proud of myself. The fact that there was an obvious improvement to my ride only added to that mood. Still got left behind by all the old men but I actually managed to keep them in visual range for most of the ride! Might not seem like much but when you're used to being left 3 or 4 kilometres behind and the rest of the group having to wait almost 10 minutes for you to catch up, its a vast vast improvement. Hell I even managed to not come in last at the half-way rest point!

If only I could've maintained that momentum throughout the weekend.

Had to rush down to school immediately after the ride to present my group's marketing idea to the rest of the class. We were actually pretty upbeat about it cuz we knew we had a good idea and the competition seemed sorely lacking. So upbeat till we somehow turned completely blind to the flaws in the presentation. We started off with a bang but everything just went downhill from there. Not least because of the fact that all the music we'd prepared couldn't be played because no one knew how to get the speakers to work and that we totally forgot to include any pictures in the powerpoint. The audience sat up to notice.......and then promptly fell asleep. The prof didn't exactly mince his words either. The sight of my entire group's heads bowed and a couple of then walking out dejectedly wasn't exactly the most inspiring thing in the world.

Only thing I had to look forward to was the prospect of a good return to Bukit Timah trail with the TA guys today and it seemed nothing would be able to tear that away from me. Well almost nothing anyway. I somehow managed to blow up the last tyre tube I had available while prepping my mountie and my dreams off hurtlling down the BT slopes at suicidal speeds got snuffed out with a terrific bang. Literally.

And now I can't watch the Liverpool match because my sis wants to watch Oprah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home