Wednesday, March 23, 2005

just one more

I have one more excursion to the guard room before I officially leave the army. Just one more. It sucks but well, it could be worse I suppose.

I just read a post in the archive's of xiaxue's blog. This one was about her shock and indignation to find out that her brother had decided to go to church on Christmas and had decided to accept Christ. So she laid out a long piece lambasting the so called 'blind faith' that Christians display and advocate. She reserved special comment for people who, in her opinion, wouldn't stop preaching to her.

'How are you so sure prayer actually works?',

'If it did the nwhy did the tsunami happen?',

' Who is anybody to tell me how I live my life and whether or not I go to hell?'

Stuff like that. But I suppose what really disturbed me were the 259 comments on her post. Some of them were from Christians who tried to at the very least give and answer to her pertaining questions. Most of them, however, were from like-minded individuals who more than agreed with her, calling Christians 'the ones who really need saving' and 'the people from the dark side'. Many of them post theories about how the Bible supposedly contradicts itself all over the place and how Jesus allegedly is a liar. There were even two extremely long posts about how Hitler and the Holocaust was a Christian advocated affair and that Jesus was the not the Messiah, not to mention numerous entries simply condemning and insulting Christians for all they're worth.

So this is what a lot of people think of me? That I'm a liar, a fool and an irritant? That I'm arrogant, conceited, holier-than-thou and despicable?

All because I found the one person in my life who's been there for me no matter what I did, where I went; no matter how low I fell, how far away I strayed; no matter how badly I hurt him.
If thats a crime, then well, I'm glad I'm guilty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home