Sunday, March 20, 2005

torture

Tomorrow I have to watch the rest of my platoon mates finish their stint in the army and collect their pink ics while I transfer my name from my company's nominal roll to that of my junior company's. My transgression?
Two years and four months ago I failed to pass the NAPFA test. The bloody National A-something Personal Fitness Award. I think. Whatever lan jiao thing it is, the fact is I couldn't run, jump, do a single pull up and was pretty much a sweaty fat pig.
Now I take part in biathlons and would try a triathlon if I had enough money for a goddamned road bike.

But my crime still stands. I start NS first. I finish last.

How is that fair?

How does that compute?

Maybe we should go ask our roly-poly-jolly-ol-kim-jong-il-lookalike of a chief of defense force how the hell this makes sense.

ARGH......headache...too long in the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home