Saturday, March 12, 2005

mosaic

A man goes to see a doctor one day. After examining him a bit and then walking out of the room, the doctor comes back and says:" I'm afraid I've got some bad news, and some really bad news."
The man goes pale and gasps out :" What? Give me the bad news first!"
"Well I'm sorry to inform you that you've got exactly one day to live."
Nearly passing out from shock, the man manages to find his voice and ask :" So whats the really bad news then?"
"I couldn't reach you yesterday."

That was a good one Mr Moody.

Went down to James moody's birthday concert yesterday with jh, shaun and julia. 80th birthday for that matter, and the usual jokes about watching an episode of Third Watch played out right in front our eyes were of course present. But stupid jokes aside, the concert was awesome. Moody's got a powerful stage presence, cracking jokes and pushing his sax for all its got. And then there's Jeremy Monteiro, who almost makes me embarrassed to say I know how to play the piano. God,the speed of his fingers, the precision of keystrokes, and the groove! Hell he even started playing cross hand for a while. Oh my starry eyed surprise. Oh good Lordy.

Anyway, I was kinda subtley informed that my taste in jazz music ain't exactly music critic standard. I thought the singers were pretty good, but Julia informed me that they're actually considered average. An example of outstanding? Norah Jones. Ms Insomnia-cure.
Well at least she agreed with me on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home