Monday, February 21, 2005

swimming? who the hell said anything about swimming?

What a way to spend a Sunday. I mean, what could beat getting up early to go down to beautiful sunny sandy Sentosa, and participating in an underwater free for all brawl disguised as a biathlon. Well worth every buck paid I'll say. Its quite a sight actually. 130 pretty much buff and toned guys in red swim caps hurtling their way around both in and out of the water. As gay as that sounds. And I can't say I speak for myself when I say buff and toned.
Well anyway, in comes ME. The bright green newbie completely ignorant of the fact that the word swim actually translates into so many different meanings in God knows how many languages. To cut a long story short, I got bullied, I got pissed, I stopped and shouted kani nabe chao chee bye mother fucker, and then i grabbed the next guy i saw and gave him a great view of the bottom of my foot. I'l never view these contests the same way again. I'll never tain for them the same way either. Gotta include say fingernail sharpening and ball bashing accuracy.
Anyway, the NUS biathlon was a bit of a muddle. Bureuacratic cock ups all over the place. People paying good money and not finding their names on the nominal roll, people missing their race start timings cause they weren't informed where to go or where they could check it out. But all in all, I'll say it wasn't too bad. Good eye opener.
For me especially.
Hey hey, what a way to spend a Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eddie G. said...

Good enough to make a wicked Reality TV Series... especially with you sticking your feet up the nostrils of unassuming contestants. Haha. At least you had fun. What did I do on Sunday? I grew mould. Sad huh? pssssh

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home