Tuesday, March 08, 2005

pain is good, extreme pain is extremely good

My old trainer, 3sg (now Mr) James Pang used to say that. We had to chant it to him every time we had a water parade. He had a ton of them. There was 'lim jui ho, lim jui ho'. There was the 'Carlsberg ad' where we'd go 'ba dap ba dap ba ba dap ba, I love you Sergeant! And if its quite all right....'. There were also what we called the Ten commandments of Platoon 15. I honestly can't remember for the life of me what most of them were but a few of them went some thing like ' same shit different day' and ' the day will always end'. But whatever they were, and no matter how loud we shouted them, we'd always end up on our hands and knees on the floor immediately following.

My thighs are aching. Cycled to SAFTI with Gabe today for a swim. At first i didn't believe you could just happily waltz your way through the gates of our esteemed officer cadet school without a pass. But i was wrong. The way things are there, they might as well not bother having any guards at all and use reverse mentality for their protection. So anyway we just cycled in without incident and went to use the pool. I wore a safti singlet for the first time in my life. It'll be the last time too incidentally. Ok heres where i puff up a little and boast a bit. I must say i'm proud of myself. After swimming 1.5km, i raced 700m with Gabriel and managed to come from behind and beat him. Before he'd only swam 800m. Woohoo!!! Almost felt like giving up cuz of teh gap but something just made me keep pushing. Ok brag time over. Actually, right now my whole body is aching. Urgh.

Someone can teach me how to put up a tag board? Or put in the standard features that everyone else seems to have on their blog and i'm too much of mountain tortoise to know how?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home