Monday, March 06, 2006

lonely planet

Well I'm supposed to be studying for my mid-terms this week but I seem to be far more enthusiastic about planning where to go after my work stint ends in July. I'm just so friggin prematurely excited about it! Even if I am probably going to be travelling all on my lonesome because nobody wants to go to the places I want to visit. At first I was pretty adamant to drop down to Florida (beaches, bikini babes and killer whales!!!! what more could you ask for??) and then head off to the former largest outdoor swimming pool in the world, New Orleans!! And just in time for the Satchmo Festival too! Thats a week long jazz festival celebrating the music of Louis Armstrong. Mr Crackled-Ol-What-a-Wonderful-World-Voice himself! Like how cool is that?

Unfortunately, there seems to be disappointingly few people who share my enthusiasm so I probably have to give the Southeastern States a miss. It really ain't safe to be a lone chink in the French Quarter of a Southern American city dominated by Blacks.

Now this is the part where I find Canada. And all of a sudden I'm over the moon with anticipation! There seems to be great stuff happening all over Canada every single day! Check it out:

1. Summer festival in Toronto with heaps and heaps of good food, cool stuff and good music!

2. Ben & Jerry's Factory in Waterbury. Vermont(yes I know thats in the States. STFU already)! Need I say more?

3. Up to Montpellier for the St Stephen's CHOCOLATE festival!!! Like....woah!! One whole week full of lovely chocolate activities! Treasure hunts, flea markets, tours, contests, music and loads and loads of chocolate!

4. Down to Nova Scotia for the Louisburg Crab Festival! Yum yum yum yum!

Shoots I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. And I'm gushin like a girl. Shite. Ok back to Financial Accounting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home