Monday, July 25, 2005

There’s something about sitting on the toilet early in the morning after a 10km run with a good book in hand and Lush 99.5 softly in the background. Oh and a ceiling fan overhead languidly making its rounds. Went down to Sentosa for one of the New Balance Real Run trainings Sunday morning and boy was it good. Havn't felt like this in a while. Shagged out, but a good kind of shagged out. The kind that gets you going all day. Frikkin good way to end a really really tiring week. Too bad, I was absent minded enough to forget to bring an extra shirt and had no choice but to head home or go to church wearing my sweaty and not exactly pleasant smelling running attire.
Went down to Cheryl's house after for some culinary exploits. Stole the recipe for my workplace's juicy carrot muffins with the help of one of the assistant chefs. Bloody James Bond type operation. Head Chef buggers off for a bit and I head into the kitchen with an empty water jug, making like i'm there to fill er up. Assistant pulls out recipe book, I hurriedly scribble it down and we're done in two minutes. Can I volunteer to be Sidney Bristow's partner now?
But anyway, the first batch came out moist and soft and fluffy. And tasting like someone had dumped the whole a bucket of salt into the batter. The second batche. Now that was a work of art. Mmmm, juicy carrot muffins. Too bad my camera was on the blink. Must capture these triumphs in the kitchen.
Feels good to be in training again. Feeling my body starting to condition itself again. Hope those slopes in Sentosa don't kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home