Thursday, July 07, 2005

wireless?

I swear the computers in my home have something against my entire family. Or maybe just against me.
One of my old 5th coy guys, Bak Kwa, kindly agreed to come over and help me finally get the router working right and fix up my dad's virtual private network so everybody would finally stop getting pissed at each other for hogging the net all the time.
So the thing is, he's done this sorta thing a dozen times before and at first it seems to be going smoothly. The main desktop responds well to the router and lo and behold, we have the internet. Things are falling into place, my sister's com detects the network! Whoop-dee-doo-day! So we tinker around a bit and now all we gotta do is restart the computer to activate the new settings. Things are looking up.

Windows is restarting.

Please enter user name and password.

******

Sorry, unauthorised user name and password, please enter again.

SMLJ!!!!

WTF!!!

Try again, try again.

KNNB CCB!!!

Oh shit. My sis is gonna kill me. Worse, she spout her lawyer shit about whos to blame and then she'll kill me.

So we spent the whole night trying to find a way to reaccess the computer but got to a state where we started entering nonsense key words like 'please', 'prettyplease' and 'fuckyouyouassholeletmein'. To absolutely no avail. Bak Kwa had to bring the thing home and to a repair shop he knew.

My sister screamed. We paid 50 bucks. The lappie got fixed. Nobody dares do anything funny with any of the comps now.

And we say computers havn't taken over our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home