Saturday, July 09, 2005

singapore drivers suck shit

Bloody hell yesterday was an awful day. Well at least the second half of it was.

Cycled down to Sentosa to spend the day with my Sports Camp OG so that was pretty fun. Played volleyball till I forgot to eat lunch and was faced with the prospect of making the long trip home without any replacement energy. But shouldn't be a problem. Downed one milo and one super disgusting fizzy apple flavoured H-two-O drink. Fucking hell why'd they change it to this dog piss. The original was so much better.

Anyway, halfway back along West Coast Highway, I see a turnoff that looks a frikkin helluva lot like the one I'm supposed to be looking out for and so I back track all the way back to check it out and of course its gotta turn out to be wrong. So I turn back yet again and by now my quads are starting to cramp up so I stop at the pavement and stretch. Stretch over and everything seems fine and dandy and I ease my bike off the pavement and lo and behold this frikkin orange Vios makes a turn without looking and sideswipes me and the only reason I didn't end up underneath was cuz I managed to grab on to the car's body before it took me in. Well at least I did more damage to him than the other way round. No injuries to me or my bike. One times wicked looking scratch on the side of his car. I let him off.
But of course, the day's not done with me yet and about 15 mins later, both my quads cramp up so bad its all I can do to make it to a bus stop and pull my bike off the road before collapsing on the grass verge just beside. So there I am, collapsed on the grass and struggling to stretch and relax my quads, and what do the people at the bus stop do? They find themselves treated to a pretty interesting show to pass the time. Its at least 15 min before some guy decides to come and see whats wrong. Ah wonderful lovely fucking Singapore.
Thats the second accident in three weeks. Couple of weeks before some TIBS bus chionging a red light forced me off the road. Now I have a huge scrape on my left knee thats gonna leave a scar. What the hell are we all rushing off to anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home