Thursday, July 14, 2005

hey, you've got to hide your love away

Never knew that there was a whole bunch of small bars just off Boat Quay, near Upper Circular Road. Was supposed to head down to Crazy Elephant with Bryan and company but somehow, not least due to the persuadings of his friend Audrey, we ended up at this place called the Hideout to go see her friend and his band play a set. Not that I minded of course. Hideout turned out to be a pretty nice place and the band was pretty good, even if all they sang were original compositions so I was denied my pet activity of singing along. No matter though, those were probably the best Singaporean compositions I've heard since Electrico. Got talking with the bar keep too, who happened to be working for the UN and about to leave for Congo to work at the UN office there. Had a good long talk with him about the state of affairs of the world these days and how these days the UN seems to be the proverbial white elephant. His explanations and answers really opened my eyes about how the United Nations work. It might not have changed some of my standpoints but its broadened my horizons. Its also opened a new avenue I might consifer after graduating. Working for the UN. Hmmm... maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home