Tuesday, July 26, 2005

nus

Well matriculation was quite a terrible experience. Had to wake up early to get ready for the carpenters to do up my room so I was already pretty knackered before matriculation at 2. To top it off, had to make a bloody long and tiring trip to the Panasonic service centre to get back my camera. Ugh. 136 bucks just to change the shutter.
At least lunch was good. The Arts canteen sells humongous bowls of ba chor mee for $1.80!!! You can give the auntie a lavender Yusof Ishak and still back 20 cents change!!! And the ba chro meee is like frikkin nice. She had to keep myself from gaping while she scooped this huge amount of ba chor into my noodles. And teh ping costs 50cents! Well if there's anything I don't like about NUS its definitely not the food part.
Anyway, had to join this loooooong snaking queue to get registered for matric. You'd think they were queuing for one of those Macdonald's 'sell-em-useless-shit' campaigns. Hot. Sweating. Tiring. After finally making it inside the air conditioned hall to get myself registered, there's a moment of peace, where you can calmly go around looking at the road shows and deciding on your laptop without tiresome salesman-like flies buzzing around you. Should've known that wouldn't last.
Half dead by the time I got to the CCA fair and brochures started flying all over the place like in those gong fu movies when the hero meets his nemesis one on one in some deserted street. Ended up with a trolley load of multi-couloured, multi-sized paper and at least 4 kg of freebies. Whoop de doo day. I'm an NUS student today.
Well at least I have a same old brand new spanking cool room now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home