Tuesday, January 03, 2006

strike 2

Argh I just missed another great deal for a road bike by a hair's breadth! I feel like I'm in one of those Turn Left Turn Right moments and I'm on the up escalator looking away when my bike's on the down escalator. So here's the story. Got this email from this guy on the NUS biathlon team saying he's selling his bike for a mere 1000 bucks. And its super good deal somemore.
Damn pretty la! And I already had a name for her! Pinny! But as usual, somehow circumstances happened such that I got so close to a deal and missed it by an inch. Dammit. I recieved the email really early and thought that finally my time had come. But somehow I sent the reply to Justin instead and went about the 36 hours wondering how come he was taking so darned long to reply.
When I finally realised and resent the mail, someone else had already bidded 980 for it. I'm desperate so I straight away offered 1000 and then went to shower and get changed to go meet Derelyn. What I didn't expect was that he emailed me again a mere 5 minutes later with his number asking me to contact him to go and view. Didn't check until I got back 9 hours later. By the time I got in touch with him, too late. Someone else placed deposit already. Ugh. I feel like I'm never going to get a bike.
On a better note, went down to town to meet Derelyn after soccer in school. Caught this movie called Merry Christmas and it really was pretty darned good. Was about these French, Scottish and German troops sitting in opposite trenches in WW I coming to a ceasefire on Christmas eve 1914 and actually having a small party to commemorate the season. Each of them learnt that the enemy wasn't the bloodthirsty, evil twisted pagan he's been taught to believe but was just another man like himself, fighting because some lard ball sitting in his office said he needed to. When the lardballs found out however, all the men were disgraced and punished in one way or another by their own forces; by the roly poly higher ups stuffed with turkey and wine. Good stuff.

Not a something to let your men watch before going on mission.

1 Comments:

Blogger derelyn said...

i'm sorry i made you lose a bike deal. but hanging out with me has been worth the time definitely! :D

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home