Thursday, June 23, 2005

dream a little dream

I've just had the weirdest dream. Actually I can't remember almost all of it except for this one very very disturbing scene that seems so damned vivid. Somehow I was a kid again, maybe 10 or twelve years old and hanging around this bunch of guys, soldiers maybe. And we're at the waterside. A quay, a jetty, a wharf, I'm not sure. Then out of nowhere there's this other boy who doesn't have a face. Long hair obscuring most of it anyway. The guys start laughing and then decide to see how the two of us boys would look kneeling at the water edge like one of those condemned Chinese during the Japanese Occupation. So we kneel and I'm just staring dejectedly into the water. Then all of a sudden I feel it. I feel it like I've just made the transition to the parallel universe I've made for myself.
The razor sharp, honed and heavy blade of a long sword that one of the guys has somehow produced out of nowhere. I freeze and then there's a hand on my head, forcing it down. I don't struggle. I don't know why. They walk over to the other boy. I hear a plop and there's a head floating face down in the water, its long hair spread out like a fan of writhing snakes. There's a dull thud.
I'm not sure what happens later but the only thing I can recall is me walking off with the guys and them laughing and saying nothing happened. And then I see someone drop a long haired head into a bin.

Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home