Wednesday, June 22, 2005

argh

I suppose the only thing thats keeping me at the restaurant is the high pay and the fact that its only a short ride away from home. Okay, their playing Lush 99.5 all day doesn't hurt either.
Every single one of the higher ups there seem to take offense really really easily and share a common trait. They're kan cheong frikkin spiders. Slightest up in customer volume and they're all breathless and jumpy.
Get this, I'm helping one of the other waiters grab settings for a table and stepped back to allow him to reach for the servettes in the top drawer, before I went for the place mats and cutlery. Within that split second where I'm standing there and he's opening the drawer, the manager spots me and proceeds to snap at me about using eye power and not helping him out. It was all I could do not to tell her to just shuddup. The other waiter knew what was happening but just rolled his eyes and told me she was always like that.
And then there's the waitress who just happens to have worked there for the longest among us and now thinks she's the resident 'Ah Jie', giving airs and being condescending to every other waiter like some goddamned prima donna. Today I asked her which table was 25 because the tables got rearranged for the lunch crowd. The one she pointed out turned out to be wrong and when another manager asked her how come she gave me wrong directions. she proceeded to lay all the blame on me, saying I caused her to gabra and screw up. Burn in hell bitch.
Ah, at least the other staff are pretty nice. Half the population's from ACJc somehow. There's even more than one pretty girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home