Sunday, November 12, 2006

above the wreckage

Its 0125 in the morning and I really should be sleeping considering I pulled yet another all nighter trying to finish some project report. Thank goodness thats one of the last assignments I have left so I can get down to studying proper. Now its just one more essay and that damned exchange application. Hungary here I come!

Hmm... I'm supposed to go join jh and company for the 2nd Link run tomorrow but looks like I'm gonna pass. But then again it'd be nice to know whether I can still pull 10 km. Can't believe the last RealRun I took part in was more than a year ago already. Shucks really need to get training again. Problem is, I need people to motivate me. Any volunteers?

Aimless surfing got me flicking through a whole bunch of food blogs and got me thinking what the hell happened to my cooking aspirations? Thats it, once the exams are over I'm getting my hands dirty again. Hmm.. ok I meant that purely as a figure of speech..

On another note I found the blog of the guy who's doing the Friday night gig at Ben n Jerry's Cathay now. Used to be Mark's band taking it up but they're kinda on a hiatus because of the exams. *shudder* Anyway, I don't often tell people this but seeing them up there really just makes me wish it could me performing. I think singing and playing in a band has been something I've dreamed of since God knows when but somehow I've just never managed to find the people and sometimes even the courage to pursue it. I'll admit it, when I watch any band play, especially covers, I get more than a few 'hey i could do that' moments, be it EIC or 7-in-a-Car. Ah well what the hell. Rallying call people. Essential ingredients: 1 electric guitarist, 1 bassist, 1 drummer. Hmm, a keyboard wouldn't hurt either. Haha especially not if you look like Amanda Ling....oooh...Amanda Ling...

And on a final and totally unrelated note. Thought it'd be interesting to find out what a club's official media writes about itself when its all the bottom of the table so I went and took a look at Newcastle's webbie. Now that is truly a classic exercise in positivity. No talk at all about the dismal state of the club and the terrible way they've been playing. Just talk about what a great job Glen Roeder's doing and his always positive outlook for the next match. God I hope that never happens to the Reds.

Herald to the faithful. Arsenal tomorrow boys. YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home