Wednesday, November 08, 2006

zhong fucking guo

Right now, the words "goddamn motherfucking pissed off and want to burn all of beijing down" would just barely cut it to describe what I'm feeling.

Finally get back this research paper on imperial chinese history back and lo and behold, it heralds a first in the personal history of Isaac Tan. For the first time in my life I've been told that my 'english needs more work'!

Now normally I wouldn't be very much offended, if at all. But the dog that tells me that my english needs work is a goddamn motherfucking cheebye CHINAMAN!! And not just any chinaman.A chinaman who wouldn't be able to pass the QET (qualifying english test) if you held a gun to the collective heads of all his family and friends. And to make it worse he lambasts the whole class for crappy english, proclaiming his right to condemn us. This, from a guy who pronounces 'chariots' as 'choice' and 'infantry' as 'iffy'.

Yeah I know he might speak bad but write good. But an examination of my paper shows him penalizing me not because I had utilised bad grammar or vocabulary, but simply because he could not understand the way I was putting things. I know I'm usually a culprit of using more words than is strictly necessary but then Shakespeare didn't get where he was by being particularly concise did he?

Ok rant over. Temper's draining out. I'm just really really sore about being robbed a grade because my school would rather save money and buy one of these 'budget phds'. Why should students be expected to pass a qualifying english test when their english is deemed not good enough when there are lecturers running around who can barely even make themselves understood?

fuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home