Saturday, November 04, 2006

no face already

So the ride on Thursday was going pretty well. Managed to maintain bout 34-36 km/h all the way and stuck with at least some of the pack though we all chickened out of going the Raffles Marina route.

And then on the way back it happened.

Was pushing off at a traffic light when the whole £)%£($%£)$*"£ saddle just happily FELL OFF the bike. And along with a whole bundle of parts. Onto the MAIN ROAD. So there I am in the middle of a busy road still half clipped in with bike parts strewn all over the road, and about 20 cars barrelling down towards me with their horns blasting and headlights flashing like mad. Think
split-second-before-becoming-roadkill deer.

Luckily there are some subtle differences between humans and deers so I try desperately to make my way to the pavement. And this about the time I realise my bibshorts have somehow managed to get themselves hooked on one of the screws that used to hold the saddle in place.And what better place for them to get hooked at but at (you guessed it) my frikkin arse. And so you have an orange clad deer with his bike parts all over the floor and dancing around trying to detach his bum from his bike.

Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home