Monday, February 13, 2006

uniquely singapore

I want to hao lian. It felt damn cool rappeling down 5 stories in the middle of Plaza Singapura with just about every eye in the place turned to the skies, people gaping in awe as the seasoned, world famous rope pro makes his descent.




Yeah right.




Ok ok I said I wanted to hao lian. Well the rappelling part in Plaza Singapura really did happen but everything else is probably bullcrap.

The Uniquely Singapore Race was..well...pretty much awesome. Even if we had to pull out at the second last checkpoint and leave without seeing the finish line, it was more than worth it for the sheer experience of it all. Two days and one night of almost non-stop dashin around Singapore trying desperately to get to all these famous places on our good ol island. Well actually we were allowed to take bus or cab but darn it even taking MRT from Orchard to Bedok is a pain in the arse. That plus the fact that most of the checkpoints involved loads and loads of running. The last checkpoint for yesterday night had us on foot all the way from the Bedok Blk 85 ba chor mee all the way down to the East Coast Costa Sands for our pitstop for the night! Hiking became just another term for trying your absolute best to run your sorry load laden arse into the ground.
I can barely feel my legs right now. Its a thoroughly odd feeling. My upper half actually feels perfectly fine. Well other than the squiggly henna blob ceremoniously deposited by Bernie on my left hand anyway. My top half is ok but my lower body simply isn't responding. Well not till I stand up and it starts protesting like crazy at least.
But one thing I'm really glad for is the way this team just really rocked! Bernie (Bernadette!), Bryan and Cheryl it was really great doing this race with you guys. I think we did awfully well fighting our way all the way up to 25th from the high 80s after our little boo boo. For some reason the organisers decided to push the race kick off time forward by 30 minutes. A fact that they didn't bother telling us, resulting in us being caught napping. Literally. We were happily taking our 'power naps' in the Cineleisure food court while the other 99 teams started on their way.

God I'm friggin tired. Shoots too bad don't have any pics to show. If you saw people in red polo tees with number tags on em running around Orchard today that was us!!!

Oh yeah Arun if you see this, congrats man! You guys deserve it after running so much. Enjoy all those prizes! And don't make me jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home