Thursday, January 19, 2006

it never rains but it frikkin hails

Gah!!! The story of my bikes is like one of those bloody channel 8 period dramas. Betrayal, family feuds, devious plots and stupid dilemmas. Right after I find a solution to keep Patience in my room, what else does the situation do but get worse. My parents received a letter from my condo's management commitee today saying that I can't put Jamie (my mountain bike) in the stairwell right outside my door now because she's supposedly obstructing the fire escape. Now that I can live with. What I can't get over is the abject refusal of my parents to let me keep Jamie in the house, which is the only solution I have now. My dad simply refuses to believe that if I leave her downstairs in the void deck, she'll get stolen faster than you can say Bob's your uncle. Instead he comes up with some lamearse analogy that if all the cars and motorbikes parked there don't get stolen, then why would my bicycle?? An excuse thats made far more absurd by the very fact that not 4 months ago TWO bikes were stolen from the racks downstairs when the owner decided to relax his guard a little and park them there. In fact I'm getting pretty darned suspicious about who actually even informed the management about the bike considering the only people who ever even set foot into that stair well is either me.......or my parents. It doesn't help that they hate both my bikes to the core either......

Goddamit I need a solution.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can paint your bike the same colour as the wall
maybe noone'll notice!
if it works for crocodiles i think it'll work here too...

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home