Monday, January 16, 2006

baby steps

Well today was starting to look like a bummer. During the course of the day I was somewhat casually reminded that there are drawbacks to going through life at a relaxing pace. In the morning I was happily informed by my friend that all this time I've been using a debit card, I've actually been collecting credit points! Points which the frikkin bank never ever bothered to tell me about. No notices, no balance sheets telling my how many points I've got left. No letter telling me the points expire after every year and I should get down to using them.
In school later on I happened to ask some friends when the balloting for tutorials started, upon which they started laughing like they'd just seen Russell Peter's pop a fart. Only after they regain their composure do I find out that tutorial balloting's been going on since Saturday and closes tomorrow afternoon. I was like bloody lucky I asked that question when I did.
Thank God the events after school more than made up for the shitty day I was having. Finally, after such a long wait, after so much difficulty, I was on my way to collect my bike! Things weren't looking promising at first though. It started raining, making the roads slippery and dangerous for a noob road rider like me. And my bike's front tube bursting spectacularly before I'd even made it 2 metres past the door really didn't help the situation. Luckily I wasn't on the bike when it happened, but I'm suprised the ppl around didn't start diving for cover when the bang went off. But somehow things started shaping up from there. I'm a first timer to cleats and clip-on pedals but somehow I got attuned to them pretty quickly and we didn't have to take the slow, tedious, stick-to-the-sidewalk route we'd intended to earlier. Thanks so much Justin for baby-sitting me all the way home. I have never completed West Coast Highway with such ease before. When I got back, I found my el cheapo bike storage solution atually works! And my mom didn't even protest much! And to top it all off, I got to meet Janice aka ickleoriental at the Bike Boutique! How cool is that!If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out her blog at ickleoriental.net
Ok ok this is long. Better get back to my financial accounting textbook. I swear I'm at a total loss in the lecture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home