Sunday, April 09, 2006

final curtain

If there's any way to herald the hanging up of my boots for the next four months, then a 4-1 victory against a really hard team must be one of the best. Today was definitely not one of the better matches for us but the team really showed some grit, fighting hard in defense and really making the breaks count. Fwah. And I could've made it 5-1!!!! But darn it my header went straight into the keeper's arms. Actually, while the rest of the guys said I did pretty well today, I kinda feel quite the opposite. Played left back and came up against this really friggin fast winger and it just felt like playing catch up all day. Ugh, my legs are totally screwed. But at least we managed to shut him up. Hell he was hurling insults and vulgarities at his own team mates all day.

On another note, I'm starting to get the feeling that people think NUS people lead really slack and work free lives. Either that or they think the stuff we do isn't worth a damn. I was commenting to a guy in church about how we at NUS have so much project work and yet have a ton of examinations unlike SMU, at which point JH just scoffed and exclaimed 'Talk cock!!'

I have to admit I was pretty miffed.

I mean both my project groupmates and I have been slaving away for the past few weeks to get our stuff right (still are in fact!) and people just diss our work as second class? And when I tried to protest JH just gave me this 'Ok whatever' look that I must say, had me straining to keep my mouth shut.

Ah well call me too sensitive maybe. I don't know. All I do know is I'll just keep sticking with Colossians 3:23-24

'Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. '

4 Comments:

Blogger gabriel said...

I can see why JH got pissed, I mean you're implying that the SMUbies have it easier than NUSsians. Which is basically undermining all the effort that all SMUbies put in for the shi*tload of projects and extra-fluffed up presentations we gotta do.

Not to say that you have it any easier...so best not to compare la. Unless you do local exchange in SMU, then you tell us if it's any more slack. Hurh hurh.

Aiyah, nobody said the work you're doing is second class what.

12:07 AM  
Blogger isaac! said...

He didn't get pissed Gabe. When I said that us NUS ppl have just as much project work, he really thought I was talking cock, which shows just how much at least some SMU ppl think of the work we do. And although you do have a point, the thing is, I was merely pointing out a fact. It really is true that NUS students are no less burdened by projects and over-the-top presntations and yet have to sit for more exams than the general SMU population. Not only that, but for us there is no policy of giving less weightage to examinations in light of the amount of work done during the semester. Maybe you oughta come down to NUS one of these days and you'll see what I'm talking about.

8:34 AM  
Blogger isaac! said...

And I won't do local exchange because I know my bank account will suffer like crazy.

8:35 AM  
Blogger gabriel said...

well i would have no good reason to come down to nus la...except for fong seng and to kachao friends in hall.

i guess there's no such thing as a perfect uni system. you'll always have your gripes, and everyone likes to think they're being victimised by the system. human nature i guess. so best is to look at it objectively, not compare so much, and just do your best.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home