Friday, October 14, 2005

everyday sunday

Woo, now that was the best 50 bucks I've ever earned in my entire life. Get this, I arrive 20 mintues late for work and the very second I get there, the nice lady boss smiles warmly and hands me the 50 dollars! And says thank you for helping out! Before I'd even done anything!
Anyway, I'm supposed to be there as a sort of receptionist for a gala dinner with loads of big shots, including our dear old president. He's really a nice old man in person even if he does look damn fierce during the NDP; waved and shook my hand! So we start the job proper and all we have to do is smile and welcome guests for like an hour plus, and then they all file into the ballroom and thats it! We can do anything we want till the dinner's done!
So the other two guys doing reception and I just sit around talking cock and oggling the gorgeous models, oh yeah MODELS!, and then lo and behold, two waiters come up with three plates of beautiful main courses and set them down before us! Courtesy of the company! Thick and tender grilled chicken breasts stuffed with melted marscapone cheese and soaked in a creamy tandoori sauce. Served with asparagus and curried potatoes. That was frikkin out of this world! And then there was the desert table upon which I got my first tast of creme brulee. And my second, and third, and fourth. Not to mention the mountains of cakes and puddings and fruits. Sin for the rich and sweet toothed.

I could really get used to this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home