Friday, May 13, 2005

i wish this were the movies

When you go deliver a pieve of faulty equipment to the service centre after all your banging and kicking and cursing and swearing has done nothing to make the device stop chao genging and go back to work and you finally admit defeat, you kinda expect to be greeted by a sour faced, seedy looking man or a shoulder padded jacketed middle aged woman who has no idea what she's doing there.
So I suppose you can imagine my disbelief when I brought my router over to the SMC service centre and found, sitting right in front of me, the most gorgeous girl I've seen in a long time. Long gold tinted hair reaching to her shoulder blades, big beautiful eyes, the slim, lanky (in a good way) body with great shoulders. And a smile worth a million dollars. I don't know if she knew that the whole time I was talking to her I was trying very hard not to make it obvious that I was oggling her. So there I sat, left brain spewing out all the crap about how the router's a bitch, right brain bitching at me to cut the crap and ask her out to dinner tonight already.
But of course I didn't. I sat through lunch with my mom with Mr Right Brain and Mr Left Brain having 1x parliament session.

Reasons to ask her out:
- she's absolutely gorgeous!
- whats the worst that can happen?

Reasons not to:
- I looked like an idiot. I was wearing a green shirt that said 'PARATROOPER' and grey shorts which clashed like cars on a greased expressway. And bad hair day just doens't begin to describe it.
- if she actually agrees, then what do I pick her up with? I don't fancy asking her to wait for me at Orchard MRT.
- do people actually do this kinda thing in sunny Singapore?
- I'm too frikkin hum ji.

Obviously I didn't. Sigh. Well on the plus side, my router's gotta 'attend c service centre' till Wednesday. And then I'll be in the same shit again. Same shit. Different day.

Cuz its you and me, and all of the people
With nothing to do
Nothing to prove.
Its you and me, and I don't know why
I can't keep my eyes off of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home