Wednesday, May 24, 2006

SKYHAWK!!!

Got on Cedar Point's brand new toy the SkyHawk yesterday and boy is it awesome. Essentially its a giant swing BKB-ed and on adrenaline that makes you feel like you're being launched into the stratosphere. God knows I needed that. Haven't felt so free in a while and though it took a 7 storey screaming monster swing to do it I don't mind. At least it got my mind off having a knife expertly slid into my back by one of my apartment mates. So well done I never knew it was there till a couple of days later.

Actually Cedar Point ought to pay the games employees more for the emotional abuse they have to endure. Every single day no less than 10 people will come by hollering that my game is rigged and I am an evil genius hellbent on taking over the world with my bean bags. Well ok maybe not so much that bit, but everyday people will inisist that I'm cheating them of their money, that I'm making a comission off my game even though I'm not, that the bundle of change money I'm holding in my hand is the spoil of the day. I've been called a swindler, hustler, cheat, robber of the children and given dirty looks so many times I really should be immune to it. But somehow I'm not. My conscience still tears me apart everytime somebody walks away unhappy from my game. I know it shouldn't but it does. Call me a wuss I guess.

I'm not saying that being here isn't fun or anything but I'm starting to get the impression that Cedar Point really doesn't give much of a damn about its employees. One of my roomies just got terminated by the company after he protested their giving him much fewer hours than stipulated in the contract signed back in Malaysia. Oh wait I'm not sure if he quit himself or they terminated him but what I do know is that he officially left the company at 4 pm and they expected him to pack up and move out of the employee accomodation by 5 pm. They even sent cops over to make sure so we had to hide him in one of the girl's apartments till he can sort out what he's going to do for the rest of the summer. And he can't leave this compound because once he does he can't come back in. Talk about being a fugitive. I'm not sure how this will work out but it means one of my own roomies is gone.

Alright I gotta go cook my catfish fillets. Haven't had fish for ages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home