Wednesday, October 05, 2005

self pity

Sometimes it seems the only reason things ever swing my way is because Life likes to see me fall harder. I push and try so hard, and then Life steps out behind me with a brick in its hand. And always, inevitably, irrevocably, I turn out the way I've always been. Awfully, unavoidably average.
I see people around me excelling in areas that I wish I could, but try as I might, try as hard as I do, I never even come close. Instead I see them earning accolades and awards and recognition (not that they're undeserving, far from that), while I garner mockery, humiliation and even a constant frowning on by my parents.
I take part in endurance sports but I'm always left far far behind eating the dust of everyone else
I've learnt music for most of my conscious existence, but I would never pass any audition for any band.
I've put in God knows how much effort into my studies but still have nothing to show for it.
I've tried so hard to make something of myself but all I've earned is the consternation of my parents and their belief that I'm nothing more than a useless liability they'd rather not have.

Everyone seems to have their niche, their cradle of excellence. I really wish I could find mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home