Sunday, August 14, 2005

tri-ath-wha?

So its official! I am a full fledged triathlete! Me, moi, yours truly, wo! Woohaa! I'm lightheaded, my body aches, my legs feel like they've been put through the taffy-stretcher in Willy Wonka's factory, but damn, I feel good.
Pretty hard experience actually for my first tri. Going over to the bike transition area with my mountain bike and seeing the hordes of people with their flashy road bikes, all decked out in super expensive fashion isn't the most confidence boosting of things. And lo and behold, the guy parked next to me represented Singapore for Ironman.
Anyway, the swim went pretty well. Started out at the back and managed to claw all the way to the front. came out of the water feelign pretty good. But thats when the troubles started. About 5 minutes into the bike phase, the chain got stuck in between gears and had to waste ten minutes trying to coax it back in place. You have no idea just how good it feels to beat some rich kid on a road bike when you're on a mountain.
Made it back without too much incident, but the worst was yet to come. Minute I started running, my quads started cramping like it was going out of style. Had to stop three times to stretch. Thanks so much Jason. If not for you I might've just gave up. Lup, lup, lup riiight.
Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home