Thursday, August 11, 2005

got degree, so happy!

Going for lectures in Levis, a Zara shirt and bling on my ear will take getting used to, but I don't think it'll be all that much of a strain. Woo, my first few lessons, (real lessons, not bullshite ones telling me just how wonderful the weapon in my hands is and how it is in no way responsible for the fact that not one of us hit the target), in three years and to tell you the truth they're really not bad. Had four straight hours of lecture today from 8-12 and frankly I found myself pretty much enjoying most of it. Who'd have believed it? Waking up bloody early in the morning for lessons is definitely not my forte. Especially not for a day that started pretty badly. Woke up frikkin early to go meet Enlin for breakfast, and of course there has to be some jackass whose van breaks down on the already congested roads outside Rail Mall, turning the place into a twenty minute quagmire. Well at least it turned out well.
One thing though, these first few weeks of school are really pissing off my wallet, not to mention my bank account. Each course pack, which is essentially a bunch of photocopied and bound sheets, costs anywhere from 5-12 bucks. Then there are the textbooks, that all cost exorbitant amounts. And then there are all the frikkin bashes that I'm somehow obligated to go now for one reason or another. Getting a Washburn guitar from Bryan. Need to get new running shoes. Guitar lessons. Driving lessons. Laptop. Need new phone cuz this 8250, nice and classy as it is, is starting to display extremely dysfunctional behaviour.
Got this damn cool lecture tomorrow. The Samurai, The Geisha And The Yakuza. How cool is that? Something to look forward to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home