Wednesday, May 25, 2005

broadband my arse

I am bloody frikkin pissed.

And the best part? I'm not even sure what I'm pissed at.

Get this. I bought a wireless router a couple of months back at the IT fair so my sis and dad and I would stop giving each other black faces whenever someone wanted to use the net and found out that someone else was already online.
So I bring the thing back home and set it up and voilA! Internet connectivity for the whole family! Simultaneously! As you walk around eating and lazing and jabba-the-hutt-ing away, a full episode of the OC is fluttering around in the air and going straight through you! Imagine that. Mischa Barton inside me. In a sick, desperate, geeky kinda way, but inside me nonetheless.
Anyway, a few weeks back, this marvel of home technology starting screwing up big time. Being completely incapable of repairing it, I brought it down to the service centre, where there was this gorgeous girl at the counter who completely took my breath away.
But I digress.
After a few days of testing, the engineer says he can't find anything wrong with it and hands it back to me saying it ought to work perfectly fine. Having no reason to dispute him, I brought it home, albeit sceptically. And lo and behold, once again, it spectacularly refused to work. And to make matters worse, now even the dial up ADSL modem doesn't work anymore. Wonderful!!!
Fucking hell. Its times like these I can understand why some people become technophobes.

Anybody who's really really proficient in this kinda stuff? Who actually knows what the hell is DNS and subnet masking and all the other terms that just make me go glassy eyed and say SMLJ!
Seriously, if you know how to do this shit and are willing to make a housecall, drop me a line. Don't worry, you'll get paid.


1 Comments:

Blogger p9939068 said...

Pong here. How much will I be paid..? ;)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home