Friday, September 02, 2005

euthyphro

If there's anything I've learnt about philosophy after four weeks of lectures, its that philosophy is utterly and completely pointless. It goes nowhere, does nothing and benefits absolutely nobody. All I've learnt are that Plato and Socrates are these two ancient, maybe gay, guys with way too much time on their hands. So in fear of being recognised as gengsters pure and simple, they decided to try and smoke the people around them with all sorts of bullshit and call themselves philosophers. Modern people call philosophy a study into the way we think, the way we learn. I say philosophy does about as much good as a wind powered fan. Or a solar powered flashlight. Or Mauricio Pellegrio.

Oh and it seems I've just used up some of my fifteen minutes of fame with that photo in Urban. Wonder how long I have now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home