Wednesday, August 24, 2005

cha cha cha

23rd August, 2005. A day that will go down.....with me jumping for JOY!!!!! The day I finally pass my driving test! Woo! I'm just frikkin ecstatic now! I've waited so bloody long for this.
And the circumstances I passed under were amazing. Warmup before the test was decidedly less than encouraging. Was one of the worst driving lessons I've ever had. Well other than the ones in army when I first learnt how to drive and had the instructor threatening to kick me out of the jeep and leave me at the bus stop. Anyway, this particular lesson had my instructor shaking his head and proclaiming my imminent failure. Not exactly the thing to get you all in a tizzy about. As if to understate my unsurprising gloom at this bleak forecast, it started raining like it was going out of style. The only encouraging thing I had to hold on to was that, at least according to my instructor, the testers for today were all really lenient ones.
When I got in the car however, I realised that the rain actually ensured there would be next to zero pedestrians out braving the downpour, not the ones who had anything better to do than get wet anyway. And it gave me an excuse to drive like a crippled turtle taking sloth lessons. So the circuit went beautifully, and somehow the instructor (lets assume he forgot) forgot about the 'S' course and brought me out to the road after I completed those obstacles that didn't slip his mind. Heres where it gets truly amazing. We hit the road and somehow or other, the traffic lights at the first junction we hit, are spoilt! Tester frowns and motions for me to proceed. And lo and behold, it turns out the traffic lights along the entire Teck Whye road are on the blink! Tester starts muttering to himself and then asks me to head back to BBDC. I spent a grand total of 7 minutes outside of the driving centre. The very first person to make it back to the briefing room where I was scared as hell cause the first people who make it back to the room are almost never the ones leaving with smiles. We sit at the table and he penalises me for not slowing down at the spoilt traffic light.....and thats it! Other than the regulatory failures to check blindspot and all, he lets me off with 18 points!!!! I held my breath so long I started feeling dizzy. WOOHOO!!!! FIRST TIME!!!
If only my dad would fulfil my other wish and get me a Mazda MX-5.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home