Monday, April 25, 2005

everyday i wake up and its monday

The goddamned router is on the blink. Less than two months after putting it to use it fails me. Now gotta use the bloody dial up connection again, which I can't use almost every night because either my sister or my dad will want to use it and they've always got all sorts of reasons.

Sigh.

Went hitting the trail again on Saturday. Problem was, I'd only slept 3 hours after reaching home at 0600 in the morning. Dammit. Coach Carter is a great show. But it kinda loses a little bit of shine when you watch it at 0235 in the morning after work. And then pay a 30 dollar cab fare to go home. Don't ask.
So anyway, there I was happily bouncing up and down the trail and getting extremely shack, but no accidents. Didn't fall down. Rocks, roots, branches, fucking scary downhills and I didn't fall down. Five metres away from my gate on a perfectly fla opent concrete pavement however, and I do. Spectacularly too. Home free and speeding, I stood up on my bike and took a hand off the bar to push my helmet back.
Somewhere between my lifting off my hand and my hand flailing madly and helplessly in the air, the thought 'wait a minute, you don't know how to do that!' came into my head. Immediately after which I found myself being catapulted forward for a meeting with the ground. Ouch.
Which is more painful? A scratched and bruised body? Or ego?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home